I want morning kisses, slaps on the butt, pinky holding, and hugs from behind. I want to make you coffee at 7am and sit with you at the kitchen table with the sun shining in on us. You can see dust particles and it is just beautiful. Just like your green eyes that light up any room, especially my smile. I want to walk around the house in my undies and a big t-shirt with you like it’s is the new fashion trend. I want to cuddle on the couch on a Saturday morning while watching the Golden Girls because it’s a classic. I want to go to a little cafe for lunch with you and try new foods and take pictures of us trying them. I want to run in the rain to get the car for you so that you don’t have to get wet. I want to make out with you from the car to the bedroom when we arrive home and take off every item of your clothing and feel your skin on mine. I want you to walk in on me while I am taking a shower and let me walk in on you while you’re using the bathroom and it be completely comfortable. I want to wash your hair for you and you wash my back. I want to sing in front of you, with you, and to you. I want to buy a kitten with you and let you kiss my cat scratches. I want you to help me cook even though you aren’t the best at it.I want to marry you and have our guests throw rose petals as we walk out of the church. I want our families to be one giant family. I want to raise a child with you and watch him or her grow and be the best they can be. I want to grow old with you and be able to tell our grandchildren all the amazing things we did when we were teenagers. I want to wipe your nose when you’re sick and bring you chocolate when you want something sweet. I want to bring you flowers for no special reason and take you out on a Wednesday evening when nothing else is going on. I want to be a part of you every single day for the rest of my life. I want to hold you and love you. I want you. I will never stop wanting you. I love you.
1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.
2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.
3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.
4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.
5. Do what you love and the money will follow.
6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.
7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.
8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.
9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.
10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.
11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.
12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.
13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.
14. Try to learn something new every day.
15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.
16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.
17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.
18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.
19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.
20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything.